When it comes to requirements gathering and design, we’re certain that a tool that expedites the process while building trust and saving money for both you and your client would be a welcome asset. That’s why we developed Bprime.
Perfect for business analysts involved with enterprise software projects, Ensemble Bprime is a pragmatic and robust tool that provides highly effective ways of eliciting, modeling, documenting, and sharing requirements and design information among key members of a project team. By tightly integrating all aspects of a project, Bprime provides users with a disciplined approach to development and an unprecedented degree of accessibility to project information.
Bprime also makes it easy to engage customers in the requirements gathering and design process by making the context clear and immediately obvious. Imagine being able to input a client’s requirement directly into the model as they say it. Not only does this level of engagement build trust, it quickly exposes gaps in understanding and helps the customer better articulate their needs. The result is less risk of building the wrong thing, less time wasted on rework, and more time getting it right the first time.
- Highly customizable, so it can be made to work exactly the way you want it to
- Allows for the development of your own plug-ins
- Integrates easily with your existing tools for requirements management, design, and defect tracking
- Generates high quality documentation directly from the captured information – there is very little overhead in publishing project deliverables
- Document formats and content are easily customized
- Extremely lightweight in comparison to tools (suites) with similar capabilities
- Especially suitable for determining the fit/gap with packaged enterprise applications such as CRM or ERP by presenting easily understood models of out-of-the-box functionality, along with the means for documenting the customization requirements in context
- Immediately view requirements and business process information in context during requirements gathering
- Spot problems and opportunities for innovation early on
- Focus on one tool instead of jumping back and forth between multiple applications
- Rapidly gather business requirements for a customer the right way the first time
- Work from templates of off-the-shelf solutions so you can help customers see what is supported and the scope of work required for customization
- Combine requirements documents with business process and design models to visualize relationships
- Follow your chosen methodology, not one imposed by a tool
- Design, implementation, and feature prioritization is easier because the business context of requirements is readily available
- Ensure that requirements are not overlooked and that they are implemented the way in which the customer intended
- Enterprise-wide systems can be broken down into digestible phases
- Ensure software requirements match business processes
As a Java application, Bprime is platform independent so you can use it anywhere you can install JRE 1.4.2 or later. Bprime is built on top of the Bprime engine, which provides key services such as basic modeling, presentation, persistence, model transformation, and collaboration.
Additional features include:
- Business Process Diagrams
Business process diagrams are readily understood by non-technical audiences and are particularly useful for helping customers feel comfortable with contributing to the design of their business processes. Bprime’s traceability feature makes business process diagrams even more useful by closely linking requirements, business vision, and other related documents with the business process that will use the system under development.
- Export to Microsoft® Word RTF
Bprime allows you to export all captured requirements, diagrams, and other design elements to a Word document. This is particularly useful in requirements elicitation workshops because it provides a simple way to give participants a summary of progress, which they can review. Our experience has been that participants feel more involved in the process and actively review and provide feedback to these reports.
You can import existing information from other tools, or export Bprime information to other tools. Ensemble has extensive experience with modeling and software development tool integration, and we have drawn on this experience to design Bprime for customization and integration.
- Use Case Editor
Improve elicitation and requirements gathering by simultaneously working with use case diagrams and text.
View the Downloads tab for a free 30-day trial of Bprime
The Fine Print
- All product purchases include 60 days of free support and an unconditional 60-day money-back guarantee
- Prices do not include any duties or taxes that may be associated with exporting our products to a foreign country
- We accept payment by check, money order, wire transfer, VISA, MasterCard, or American Express
- To order, fax a signed company purchase order or complete and fax Order Form to us at +1-604-231-9545
- To order Bprime for Siebel, contact Ensemble Sales
- For technical or sales assistance, please contact us